Why Do Leaves Change Color?
by Beth Bence Reinke
Find out why leaves turn orange, yellow, red, and purple in theautumn before falling to the ground.Additional features to aid comprehension include colorful images, informational diagrams, hands-on activities, detailed captions and callouts, a table of contents, a phonetic glossary, sources forfurther research, and an introduction to the author.
Table of Contents
- Why Are Leaves Green?
- How Do Leaves Turn Orange or Yellow?
- What Makes Leaves Turn Red and Purple?
- Why Do Leaves Fall in Autumn?
- Activity: Fall Leaf Prints
- To Learn More
- Dewey: 575.5
- Graphics: Full-color photographs, Full-color illustrations
- Reinforced book (9781503807976): 8 x 9.5, 24 pages, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781503814820): 8 x 9.5, 24 pages, © 2017
- Subject: Science/Tech
- Series: Everyday Earth Science
- Suggested Interest Level: Kindergarten - Grade 3
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 2
- Guided Reading Level: O
- ATOS Reading Level: 2.8
- ATOS Interest Level: LG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 184055
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Earth Sciences / General (JNF051080)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / General (see also headings under Animals or Technology) (JNF051000)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Beth Bence Reinke
Beth Bence Reinke is a registered dietitian with a master's degree in nutrition from Penn State University. She uses her background in education and pediatric nutrition to help kids learn about healthy eating. Beth is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, a children's author, a magazine writer, and a columnist for her favorite sport, NASCAR.
Your cart is empty
RI, RF, W, RST, WHST
- Activities for further learning
- Author/Illustrator biography
- Sources for further research
- Suggested websites
- Table of contents
- Glossary of key words