by Carla Mooney
Learn about types of fossils, how they form, where they arefound, and what they teach us about animals and plants.Additional features to aid comprehension include fact-filled captions and sidebars, detailed photographs, infographics or informational diagrams, a table of contents, a phonetic glossary, sources for further research,and an introduction to the author.
Table of Contents
- What Is a Fossil?
- How Do Fossils Form?
- Finding Fossils
- Studying Fossils
- To Learn More
- Dewey: 560
- Graphics: Full-color photographs, Full-color illustrations
- Reinforced book (9781503808003): 8 x 9.5, 24 pages, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781503814851): 8 x 9.5, 24 pages, © 2017
- Subject: Science/Tech
- Series: Geology Rocks!
- Suggested Interest Level: Grade 3 - Grade 6
- Suggested Reading Level: Grade 4
- Lexile® Measure: 620
- Guided Reading Level: U
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Earth Sciences / Rocks & Minerals (JNF037060)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / General (see also headings under Animals or Technology) (JNF051000)
A Review of "Geology Rocks!" in School Library Connection
Reviewed on 1 March 2017
This series provides accurate, reliable information that will enable students to understand rocks and minerals. Each title focuses on a different area of geology and looks at the identification and uses of each area. Easy-to-read text allows readers to explore what their world is made of, with charts, detailed colored photographs, and colored illustrations that provide additional information regarding the subject matter. Colored words are defined in the glossary. Fact boxes are located throughout each book, providing information and details about each picture or diagram. This series will provide students with the necessary tools to discover the world around them. Additional Resources. Glossary. Index.
Author: Carla Mooney
Carla Mooney is the author of many books for young readers. She loves reading and learning about nature's fascinating creations. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, she lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with her husband and three children.
Your cart is empty
RI, RF, RST, WHST
- Informative sidebars
- Sources for further research
- Suggested websites
- Table of contents
- Author/Illustrator biography
- Glossary of key words