The Lure of Mountain Peaks
From the Set Geography of the World
What makes so many people risk their lives to climb above the clouds? Young readers will learn how Aconcagua, Denali, Kilimanjaro, Mont Blanc, and Mount Everest came to be while they discover the beauty and allure of these mountain peaks.
- Reaching the Top
- Mount Everest: The Roof of the World
- Mount Kilimanjaro: Africa's Tallest Mountain
- Mont Blanc: The Highest Alp
- Aconcagua: The White Sentinel
- Denali: The Great One
- A Mountain Peaks Almanac
- The Mountain Peaks in the News
- How to Learn More about Mountain Peaks
Author: Myra Weatherly
Myra Weatherly's love for mountains began in her childhood. Growing up in the foothills of South Carolina, she was never far from mountains. Though not a climber, she counts as one of her fondest memories a trip (by rail) up the Jungfrau in the Alps. She has even ventured down into a glacier. Weatherly writes for children and young adults. This is her third book for The Child's World.