Safety during Emergencies
From the Set Living Well
Explains various emergencies and provides instructions on how to handle them in a calm manner. Describes the 911 safety feature and how to use it in an emergency. Photographs and sidebars further describe more complex issues and concepts.
- Keeping Cool
- What Kinds of Emergencies Are There?
- How Can You Prevent Emergencies?
- How Can You Prepare for Emergencies?
- What Do You Do in an Emergency?
- What If You Have Had an Emergency?
- Questions and Answers about Emergencies
- Helping a Friend Learn about Emergencies
- Did You Know?
- How to Learn More about Emergencies
Author: Lucia Raatma
Lucia Raatma received her bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of South Carolina and her master's degree in cinema studies from New York University. She has written a wide range of books for young people. When she is not researching or writing, she enjoys going to movies, practicing yoga, and spending time with her family. She lives in New York.