From the Set Living Well
Explains various ways to stay safe in, on, or near water, and what to do in certain emergencies. Photographs and sidebars further describe more complex issues and concepts.
- A Day at the Pool
- How Can You Stay Safe at Swimming Pools?
- What Should You Know about Boating?
- How Can You Swim Safely in Lakes and Oceans?
- What Should You Remember about the Weather?
- What Else Should You Know to Stay Safe in the Water?
- Questions and Answers about Water Safety
- Helping a Friend Learn about Water Safety
- Did You Know?
- How to Learn More about Water Safety
Author: Lucia Raatma
Lucia Raatma received her bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of South Carolina and her master's degree in cinema studies from New York University. She has written a wide range of books for young people. When she is not researching or writing, she enjoys going to movies, practicing yoga, and spending time with her family. She lives in New York.