Frequently Asked Questions
Call us at our toll-free number 1-800-599-READ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All mail for The Child’s World should be sent to the address listed on our contact page. Purchase orders should be marked to the attention of the order department.
Email us at email@example.com or call our toll-free number 1-800-599-READ.
Visit our download page to download ISBN numbers, titles, prices. This page also contains our most recent order form in Acrobat PDF format.
Certainly. To automatically receive free printed catalogs, fill out our catalog request form.
To download the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, visit the Adobe site.
Regretfully, we do not accept unsolicited manuscripts. As our publications are curriculum-based, we employ the use of a select panel of authors who are familiar with our needs and requests. To help you in your search, we suggest acquiring a copy of School Library Journal magazine. This monthly publication includes dozens of advertisements from publishers across the country. By flipping through the Journal, you can get an understanding as to what types of literature each company publishes, as well as obtain addresses and websites. Best of luck to you!
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll-free number 1-800-599-READ.
To submit corrections, please send an email to email@example.com or call our toll-free number 1-800-599-READ.
If you are not completely satisfied with a product, you may return it for prompt and courteous credit or a full refund. We ask only that returned products be in salable condition. Before any return, please call 1-800-599-READ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All returns must be pre-approved to be accepted for credit.
If you are ordering for a school or public library we can bill you. All other customers must prepay by check or pay by Credit Card. We accept Visa or MasterCard.
Yes. Please contact Edu Reference Publishers Direct to receive our books in Canada. Visit their website at http://www.edureference.com for mor information.
Regretfully, we do not ship books outside of the United States. Edu Reference Publishers Direct distributes our books in Canada. For more information, visit their website at http://www.edureference.com.
Use our Forgotten Password form to generate a new password for your account.
An ISBN is an International Standard Book Number. Every book sold anywhere in the world should have a unique ISBN, meaning you can find any book in the world simply with that one number. (Occasionally, ISBNs are reused for books that have long been out of print, but this practice is discouraged.) An ISBN number has ten characters and is assigned by R. R. Bowker in the United States and by a variety of agencies worldwide.
An ISBN can usually be located on the back cover of a book above the bar code. It looks like this (circled in red):
An ISBN can similarly be found on the copyright page (one of the first pages in a book containing library cataloging information):
NB: A book’s ISBN can also be determined by visiting the respective product page on this website.
Please visit our downloads page for a complete list of library processing services. Important: Processed books are not returnable if processed according to your instructions.
Yes. For complete details, please refer to our Prices and Discounts page.
eBooks add another dimension of experience and accessibility to the award winning content from The Child’s World. In addition to the intuitive, easy-to-use interface, your students will appreciate being able to access your eBook collection from their favorite web browser, iPad, or Kindle Fire.
The content of the eBook is the same as the print book. The Child’s World eBooks have all of the same material as the print book and are available online 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Absolutely. Building an eBook collection is like building a print collection, only now your libraryâ€™s users have unlimited access to the content!
There are multiple ways to find and access The Child’s World eBooks:
- The eBooks section of The Child’s Worldâ€™s website provides the ability to browse or search all of your libraryâ€™s eBook purchases.
- Your school or libraryâ€™s website can provide a link to The Child’s Worldâ€™s eBook website, where users can log in with a username and password.
- Your Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) can enable access to The Child’s World eBooks. You can bypass our username and password requirement if you provide an IP address range or a referring URL for user authentication. Then users can click a link in the MARC record to access the eBook immediately. If an IP range or referring URL is not provided, users will be routed to a log-in page.
Our eBooks have many features to enhance a studentâ€™s reading experience.
- Bookmarking: Users can “bookmark” eBook pages with short notes. To do so, navigate to the page you want to bookmark, and then click on the bookmark icon in the lower left hand corner of the page. Type your short note in to the space provided and click “Add.” These bookmarks are saved as “cookies” on the computer the book is opened on, so the bookmarks do not stay with the book; they will only be visible if the book is opened on the same computer.
- Thumbnail View: Every eBook includes a thumbnail view of each page in the book. Clicking on a thumbnail image will take users to the corresponding page.
- Fullscreen View: Every eBook includes the option to view the page at full screen. Look for the icon along the bottom of the eBook. To return to the regular view, click the Esc button on your keyboard.
- Search: Our eBooks are searchable by keyword. Along the top of the eBook page, you will find a search bar. After you enter your search term and hit the Enter/Return key, the search results will appear along the left hand side of the eBook screen. Users can click on each result to go to the page that includes the result. The search term will be highlighted on the page.
- Page Navigation: The arrow icons in the lower right hand corner of the page allow users to navigate through the book page by page or jumping from the cover to the back page. The arrows at the left /right of the book pages also allow navigation from page to page. Users can also “grab” a page corner with their mouse and pulling it across their screen, thereby “turning” the page.
- Select Text: Allows the user to select text from a page and copy/paste it to another document.
- Print: Students have the option to print the pages they are currently viewing.
An account administrator can download usage statistics, add or change usernames and passwords, and update other account information. When logging in, an account administrator will see a link in the top bar that says “Manage My Account.” Clicking on that link will lead them to these options.
First, log on using the account administrator credentials. Then click on “Manage My Account.” Scroll down to “Activity Report.” Put dates in the “Date Start” and “Date End” fields, and then click on “Run Report.” Note: This tool began collecting data September 10, 2011. If you need data from before that date, please request it by e-mailing our technical partner at email@example.com.
The usage reports include the number of visits for title by each user within the account (i.e. administrator vs. student logins). It also includes information on where the title was accessed, geographically, based on the usersâ€™ IP address. Please note that we cannot capture the number of pages turned within each book by user.
Absolutely — The Child’s World eBooks come with an unlimited simultaneous user license when you purchase a multiple, or unlimited, user license.
The Child’s World eBooks can be viewed on any PC or Mac. The Child’s World eBooks are also compatible with iPads and other tablet devices that have web browsing capabilities. The Child’s Worldâ€™s PDF-formatted eBooks can be read on Macs and PCs, tablet devices, eReaders, and smart phones.
Yes. The Child’s World eBooks can be viewed from any device with internet access and web browsing capabilities. Remote users will need to authenticate through your website, OPAC, or on The Child’s Worldâ€™s eBook site by providing an assigned username and password.
Yes, however printing is limited to two pages at a time. This encourages your users to print only what is needed.
99% of our customers take advantage of our web-hosted eBook option as it offers the most convenient access for users and eliminates the need for file management for our customers. However, for those who prefer to manage their own files and do not have the need for the interactive flip book format, PDF downloads are available.
Ordering The Child’s World eBooks works just like ordering a print version. Browse our site and place desired titles in your shopping cart and proceed through the normal checkout process. You can also order The Child’s World eBooks through your sales representative or favorite distributor.
Your eBooks will be available for use and viewing within two business days after the order is received. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with account and support information.
Yes, MARC records are available for all The Child’s World eBooks. To order MARC records, please contact Customer Service.
Note that if you provide an IP address range or a referring URL for user authentication, students can access the eBook directly from the MARC record. A link to the eBook is stored in the 856 tag; students can click the link in your libraryâ€™s online catalog to access the eBook immediately. If an IP range or referring URL is not provided, however, students will be rerouted to the log-in page.
Yes! Simply sign up for a free 30-day trial. You’ll have access to 15 full-length eBooks during your free trial.
- Either a Mac or PC computer, or web browsing-capable device.
- Internet access is required. The following browsers are supported: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x, Firefox 3.x, Safari 5.x, and Chrome 5.x or later.
- A minimum of 128 MB of RAM is recommended
- Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher is required when accessing files on a PC or Mac computer
There are four authentication options:
- Username and Password: When you set up an account, you can request specific usernames and passwords for the administrator log-in and the student log-in. Many librarians choose to have all of their students use the same username/password, but you can set up as many additional log-ins as you like.
- IP Address Authentication: If you provide us with your schoolâ€™s IP address range, students and teachers who access The Child’s World eBooks from your building will automatically be logged in and will not have to enter a username and password. Please note that IP authentication is not an access option in districts that use a shared public IP address (unless a district-wide order is placed).
- Referring URL Authentication: If your school has a secure password-protected site and you provide us with the URL, students will be automatically logged in when they click on a The Child’s World link from your site, whether they are at school or at home. The Child’s World will provide logos or cover images for your website upon request.
- MARC Records: Students can access the eBooks directly from a link in the MARC records in your libraryâ€™s online catalog. However, if no IP address or referring URL is provided, users will be redirected to a log-in screen when they click on the link in your online catalog.
The Child’s World provides two options for our eBooks: Web-Hosted and PDF. Our web-hosted eBooks are in a “flip book” format that is built in a dual Flash and mobile platform. They allow the reader to turn pages, make the page larger, and to enjoy other interactive features. Links to our hosted eBooks can be embedded in your OPAC for easy access from home or school, with multiple user access, too.
Our eBooks are also available in a PDF format that schools and libraries can download for their own file management and circulation.
Visit our technical partnerâ€™s website and enter your user name or email address. You will receive instructions via email on how to reset your password.
Click here to find your local sales representative that will be able to help you with your order.
How do I contact The Child's World for more help using eBooks or to answer additional technical questions?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 952-232-6657
Don't know where to look for answers? Look no further (use the 'help' search).