Highly Guarded Places
Set of 8 titles
How does New York's Federal Reserve Bank protect its several thousand tons of gold? How tight is the security at the Super Bowl? What's behind the gates at Area 51? This series takes readers on a tour inside some of the most secretive, secure places in the world.Anecdotes, diagrams, and behind-the-scenes photos help illustrate the hiddenworkings and extreme measures taken to ensure the secrets and treasures ofthese highly guarded places stay safe. Each book includes sidebars that provide additional information to illustrate key concepts related to the topic and a phonetic glossary.
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781503813106): 8 x 9.5, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781503815940): 8 x 9.5, © 2017
- Subject: High Interest
- Series: Highly Guarded Places
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / General (JNF000000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Curiosities & Wonders (JNF016000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
No editorial reviews found.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
RI, RF, RH, RST, WHST
- Author/Illustrator biography
- Sources for further research
- Suggested websites
- Table of contents
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars